May 24, 2008

Back after my hiatus

I took the last several months off from this blog to, well, practice piano and finish another recital. It's done, and now I hope to get back into the swing of things on the food front.

Sadly, I never wrote my review of the 4th and final restaurant I visited during Restaurant Week 2008: Butterfield 9. Suffice it to say that I loved it. From the hostess' friendly greeting to the minimalist, open and airy decor, to the food, it was just an enjoyable meal. For my main course I had the Duck Leg Confit Salad, with arugula, winter squash, caramelized shallot, and pomegranate (no I don't remember these things - I kept the menu) and it was just delicious. I loved the contrast that the pomegranate seeds provided. I'm looking forward to my next meal there, and I plan to write about it before it's forgotten.

No comments: