March 18, 2011

Butter Break-Ups

I managed to get back on schedule this week with the Salted Butter Break-Ups from Dorie Greenspan's Around My French Table. The dough was very easy to make, thanks to my new food processor :) I chilled it for about two hours in a square shape, and then bashed it a little with the rolling pin as suggested by the book, then rolled it out into a "rectangle."



I brushed on the egg wash with my brand new pastry brush from Sur La Table (yay!). Notice the gentle brush strokes and the expert artist's hold of the brush (haha.)











I then created the criss-cross pattern with the back of a fork. That was the most "difficult" (and by difficult, I mean time consuming) part of this recipe. The pictures tell all.





The final product was DELICIOUS.

3 comments:

Cher Rockwell said...

This one was easy, wasn't it? Glad you enjoyed. (And aren't new kitchen tools just such a happy thing? I hope you enjoy yours)

Nana said...

Tricia and I love Sur La Table. We really must get back there soon.

Your photos are great, and you are correct about it
being easy to make. We enjoyed ours too, too,
much.

Adriana said...

Your cookie looks so pretty and evenly rolled out! Glad to see you had fun with it.