February 11, 2011

Orange-Almond Tart

I managed to make it today but I didn't manage to find enough time to write about it.

More detail: With a friend in town last night, and with the fact that I spent the first part of the day purchasing the tart pan and a food processor, it turned into an all-day affair which is why I just managed to post the picture.

Late last night I got home and couldn't wait to try a piece. Ugh. Let me say that I was more than a little disappointed. As someone who LOVES almonds and anything almondy, I was sure I was going to love this tart. But I was wrong. I thought the almond cream was too sweet, and the oranges did not provide a pleasing opposing tartness or texture. These oranges were delicious, by the way, so I don't think it's a matter of using better oranges. I would just never put this combination together again on a tart.

Ok, just tasted it again. I will admit, tastes better this morning than it did last night after a Thai dinner and cocktails at 2am. Ok, maybe I would make it again after all :) And I'm not finding the almond cream too sweet. And I am finding the oranges more pleasant and still a little plump with juice.

More pluses: brand new pretty tart pan and food processor! And found really adorable ramekins yesterday at Sur La Table for 40% off!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.5.8

No comments: